With the school year having just begun, the CFChef program is excited to share the three winning lunchbox creations from the nationwide 2012 CFChef Back-to-School recipe contest. The Fun Taco Boats, Meat Roll-Ups and Spike Milkshake are sure to banish any brown bag boredom at school this year!
This unique program allows those touched by cystic fibrosis (CF) to share recipes, receive nutrition tips, and utilize an online cookbook that includes more than 50 creative and tasty meals and snacks all available at www.Chef4CF.com.
About the Winning Recipes
• Each recipe was evaluated by Suzanne Michel – a registered dietitian affiliated with a prominent CF center in Philadelphia – who determined the top recipes based on nutritional value, flavor appeal, creativity and the “story” behind the recipe.
• The following individuals were awarded the title of CFChef:
• Erin Burns for Fun Taco Boats
• Danielle Mandella for Meat Roll-Ups
• Chantel Murray for Spike Milkshake
• To view the easy-to-prepare, yet innovative CF recipes, visit the CFChef Online Cookbook at www.Chef4CF.com